Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Rainy Day Finds!

It is a gloomy and rainy day here in northeast Georgia.. So of course, I went antiquing. What a better way to spend a rainy day?! 

I woke up feeling nostalgic, thinking of past rainy days. Thinking of rainy days as a child and how they were miserably boring. Thank God for being an adult and having interest that don't revolve around being outside, although I do still enjoy getting lost in the outdoors sometimes. Sometimes I like to think I am very outdoorsy, but if I am honest with myself I am only outdoorsy in a sense that I get drunk on patios. But this is all beside the point! 

Back to my finds of the day! Here is one that I particularly fell madly in love with:

A complete set of vintage glasses WITH the original carrying tray. Um, do you see them?? They are fabulous! Perfect addition to anyone's bar or if you're serving lunch on the patio with friends! I think they'd make great Bloody Mary glasses, right? Or maybe just sweet tea. But this was a bargain for only $15! Plus I have an in with the owner of this antique store so after haggling I could probably get them for $10(or less!). 

Next up on the rainy day find is: 

This vintage metal record case is PERFECT for storage, picnic basket, or if you're a teacher, a teachers bag!! $10 is a small price to pay to be fabulous, right??


Sigh.. Old theater folding chairs. They stand alone in any room. I've even seen people hang them in laundry rooms and use them as places to hang drying clothes and extra shelving! Talk about cute and functional!! These were a bit of a budget breaker coming in at $185 for the row. But they were too awesome to pass up sharing! 


This small stool would be perfect for a kids craft area! It was $25. I couldn't get over the detail in the center holding the legs together! Totally adorable. 


For that special coffe lover in your family or friends this is the perfect vintage gift! This vintage enamel coffee pot was in great shape and still completely functional! In my home we use a vintage coffee percolator and it makes the hottest coffee ever! And at $8 it won't break the bank! 


Is anyone else out there a lover of vintage stained glass windows? I sure am! These windows make perfect wall art with little work to do it! In my home I have mine hanging above the kitchen sink. By hanging these in front of ordinary windows in your home, you are adding character! While these are generally a pricey item, this particular one was only $35.


Who remembers going to your grandparents or great grandparents house and seeing these cuties hanging?? I know I do. These are a total nostalgia inhibitor, and for $2 a piece you can have that nostalgic look in your kitchen anytime you want!


This vintage clothes hamper snagged my attention right away! Now a days clothes hampers are so modern and so blah. So instead of paying an arm and a leg at Target or Walmart just stop by a thrift store or antique market and pick one of these babies up! $20 was a total steal in my opinion. The bones of this hamper were in amazing condition and the teal paint adorning the outside would make the perfect pop of color in any drab and boring bedroom! Who said doing laundry can't be fun?? 

So my thrifty friends, these were my finds of the day! I hope that you can take what I've told you today and make a statement piece in your own home. Try seeing the world through the eyes of an old soul, you'd be surprised what you'll find. Happy thrifting, y'all! 

Love,
The Old Soul









3 comments: