Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Cracked and Weathered

Hi everyone! 

So, one of my absolute favorite thrifty finds are vintage pottery. There is Hull, McCoy, and tons more! My personal favorite is McCoy pottery (www.mccoypottery.com). McCoy is a brand of pottery that was produced in the United States in the late 19th and 20th centuries. 

There are so many types of McCoy ranging from plain white to decorative cookie jars. McCoy may be a bit difficult to find at a thrift store, as most people know it's worth. But I have always lucked out on great deals at antique stores. I find it funny that growing up I always turned my nose up to the "ugly" pottery that would always adorn the shelves of my great grandmothers home. Had I known then what I know now of my obsession I would have snatched it all up! One of the great things about vintage pottery is the versatility of it. You can use it for anything from a pencil holder on your desk to planting succulents in them. I have noticed(and am guilty of) the trend of using vintage McCoy as a succulent planter. Pictures would be immediately posted of my McCoy succulent gardens if it was the dead of winter and my poor succulents have not yet come back. 

I love how vintage pottery can be a staple in any design scheme. Whether they stand alone or in groupings they always draw the eye. They come in a variety of colors, shapes, and designs so feel free to spice up any room with a one! 




Happy Thrifting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment